9th National 10 day Lam Rim Meditation Retreat
30 September – 11 October 2017
Australian nun Venerable Tenzin Tsapel was ordained in 1985 and studied at Chenrezig Institute for 16 years with Khen Rinpoche Tashi Tsering. Venerable Tsapel was the resident non Tibetan teacher there and has also been resident teacher at Vajrayana Institute, Sydney, Chandrakirti Centre, New Zealand and Golden Light Sutra Centre in Mongolia. She has led many retreats and completed a number of solitary retreats including a 2 year Shamatha retreat at De-Tong Ling. She is currently a board member of Atisha Centre, Bendigo as well as project manager for its proposed nuns community building. She has recently been appointed SPC for the Heart of Wisdom Retreat at the Great Stupa in 2018
Prerequisites for attending
Those intending to participate in the retreat should satisfy the following requirements:
- Participants need to be committed Buddhists, but to not have to have formally taken Refuge.
- Participants need to be familiar with the Lam Rim (Graduated Path) teachings. The retreat meditations are guided, but participants do need prior knowledge and belief in the Lam Rim teachings, because the retreat is aimed at those who wish to further explore and deepen their understanding and belief in these teachings.
- Have familiarity with the 8 Mahayana Precepts – ideally have taken hem before.
- Have some familiarity with the practice of prostration to the 35 Buddhas
- Have some familiarity Vajrasattva purification meditation
Information about items 3-5 can be found on the FPMT website: http://fpmt.org
The costs listed below cover transport between Adelaide and the centre (including ferry fares), accommodation, and vegetarian meals.
Basic dorm style $660
Premium twin share $815
Premium twin ensuite $870
Premium single $870
Members receive a 10% discount.
Registration closes 2 Sept 2017.
For enquiries, please contact the Retreat Centre Manager via the Contact Us page or follow the link to download: